- Each choir or ensemble may perform a minimum of two and a maximum of four contrasting pieces of music.
- Concert Choirs should plan a program of that includes no more than 15 minutes of music. In most cases, choirs will perform as part of a "pod" of 3 choirs, after which they will receive two 20 minute clinics with 2 of the festival's evaluators. Choirs are not obligated to fill the entire 20 minutes on stage.
- Vocal Jazz Ensembles will have one hour on stage (including 15 minutes for setup and sound check) followed by 45 minutes for performance, adjudication and workshop.
- Every facet of the performance, including accompaniment, will be considered in the evaluation. Participants will receive a verbal and written evaluation, as well as an audio visual recording of their performance – all comments are intended as a guide for the continued encouragement and development.
- Participating choirs must be a current CHOIRS/INSTITUTIONS member of Choir Alberta.
- Due to limited space, early registration is advised. Scheduling requests are considered on a first come–first served basis.
- Confirmation of registration and performance schedule will be emailed to the email address provided on the registration form following the registration deadline.
- Warm up rooms will be available for a maximum of 15 minutes prior to the performance time at Choralfest North and South, and 30 minutes prior to the performance time at Choralfest Jazz.
- Sessions are open to the general public and admission is free. Participants are encouraged to invite colleagues, singers and supporters to attend their performance. Choirs are welcome to arrive early or stay after their workshops to hear additional Choralfest performances.
- VOCAL JAZZ ENSEMBLES – a maximum of 18 microphones plus two solo microphones will be supplied. Bass amplifier and a complete drum set will also be supplied. Additional keyboards may be used - set-up must be done in consultation with the on-site sound technician.
Payments are due at the time of registration. For the purposes of ease of registration, choirs may pay by cheque or over the phone by credit card within 2 weeks of their registration. Registrations for which payment has not been received within 2 weeks will be suspended and scheduling priority will be lost.
The date on which the Choralfest schedule is released is the cancelation deadline. Choirs canceling their registration prior to the deadline will receive a refund of their registration fees less a processing fee of $25 per choir. Choirs canceling their registration after the deadline are not entitled to a refund of registration fees and may forfeit their scheduling priority for the subsequent Choralfest.