Thank you for having accepted the challenge to take part in Choir Alberta’s fifth annual Run For Music on Saturday, 6 May 2017! We hope that this will be an enjoyable experience for you as well as a profitable one for your choir.
Please find below some very important information regarding the event. We encourage you to read through this document in its entirety and to let us know if you have any further questions. You can always contact Choir Alberta by phone at 780-488-7464 or by email at email@example.com.
- Run For Music will begin and end at Whitemud Park, east of Fort Edmonton Park.
- Please arrive no later than 9:00 a.m. as the official warm up begins at 9:15 a.m. and the run/walk will begin at 9:30 a.m. sharp. For those unable to pick up their Race Kits at the Running Room on Thursday, April 27 from 4:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. (ex. out-of-town runners), Race Kit pick-up will be possible at the registration tent at 8:45 a.m.
- Parking is available several prescribed zones throughout Whitemud Park as well as along the road near the park entrance.
- Please arrive already dressed in your running gear as there will not be a designated space to change on site. We encourage you to leave valuables at home, but if you must bring any with you, you can leave them at the registration tent during the run.
- UPDATED | The route will begin near the Amenities Building (north of Fox Drive) in Whitemud Park. Runners/walkers will begin by heading north along the trail adjacent to Whitemud Creek. Just before reaching the bank of North Saskatchewan River, runners and walkers will turn right and head east along the river for approximately 2.25 km until reaching a turnaround point on the west side of Belgravia. Runners and walkers will then retrace their steps to the north edge of Whitemud Park – at that point the 5k runners and walkers will turn left and cross the finish line, while 10k runners will continue along the trail, over the footbridge, and under Quesnel bridge. They will then cross Fort Edmonton Park Road and head south on River Loop Trail until reaching Whitemud Road. After a brief segment along the road, runners will head south on the trail toward the Fort Edmonton Footbridge where they will reach a turnaround point and retrace their steps back to Whitemud Park. Once they arrive at the park, they will turn right and head north along the trail until crossing the finish line.
- Water and musical encouragement will be available along the course. We’re thrilled to have 8 soloists/ensembles providing Music On The Run this year!
A few important reminders and rules:
- For everyone’s safety, pets are not allowed on the running/walking course.
- Be sure to have turned in any cash/cheques collected in conjunction with a paper Pledge Form to your Team Captain by Apr 29 (unless special alternative arrangements have been made).
- Race bibs must be worn on your outermost layer of clothing as your bib number informs Race Marshals as to whether you are walking/running 5 or 10 km.
- A prize will be issued to the team who raises the most funds; the children’s choir who raises the most funds will be awarded a pizza party!
Event Day Schedule
|8:45 a.m.||kit pick up for out-of-town participants|
|9:00 a.m.||runners/walkers arrive at Whitemud Park (connect with your team, take pictures, stretch, etc.)|
|9:15 a.m.||official warm up with Leila Neri-Leebody|
|9:25 a.m.||all participants proceed to the start line|
|9:30 a.m.||runs/walk start time|
|10:15 a.m.||breakfast food truck opens|
|10:45 a.m.||announcing of prizes and entertainment|